One Year In Oz



Yesterday marked a huge anniversary for me; 

ONE ENTIRE YEAR IN AUSTRALIA!

I never thought that I'd survive this far away from my family and friends but after the hellish first six months came an amazing following six months. I love my life and I've never been so happy, even if I'm sometimes homesick.

This past year I've made some incredible friends, landed the most insanely satisfying and rewarding job with the best bosses anyone could ask for and found a second family that loves and supports me unconditionally. I've traveled across the country, seeing and doing things I never thought possible. I've overcome humongous hardship and heartache, with the help of three very special ladies that I'm so lucky to have in my life. I've seen the Queen Dita Von Teese perform live and hugged a koala, knocking two things off my bucket list in a matter of months. I've booked and paid for an amazing holiday coming up in six months where I'll meet my Mum and her friend in Vietnam and hopefully get to see Cambodia and Thailand while I'm there. I've also brought a trip back to NZ where I'm also excited to be taking my aunt with me. And I've been most fortunate to have been able to pop back home to NZ a few months ago where I got to chill with my family for a fortnight, and was able to remind my cat that I'm still head over heels for him and still alive lol

Now my life is here in Australia. I'm knocking life goals off left, right and centre. And the only thing really left for me to do now is find someone to share this Australian life with.

And survive my thirtieth birthday booze up πŸ˜‚

So year one has come to an end, and year two begins, with this little lady counting her lucky stars for a life she could never have even imagined for herself.

Until next time,
Ruby xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Acne Fucks Me Up The Ass

Single Forever

Backup For Beyonce