Acne Fucks Me Up The Ass



I've got a fucked up face so I'm using Snapchat to hide my downfalls πŸ˜‚

Well. Not really. But I do have a terrible case of acne, particularly on my chin and jawline, that has been plaguing me pretty much since I got back from NZ. I've been on antibiotics for months, all of which haven't helped and have only kicked my butt because I'm really intolerant to them. And because it's been going on for months without getting better, my normal run of the mill acne then went on to become cystic acne, which is not only ugly asf, but very painful too. Huge deep cysts under the skin that you can feel constantly and are very hard to get relief from because of how deep they are. In other words, the motherload.

After a myriad of blood tests and doctor visits, I've been told I'm healthy and my hormones are normal so no one really knows what is causing my face to freak out so much. As a beauty therapist I have some idea about how to deal with acne, but everything I've tried hasn't worked. I've even tried cutting certain foods out of my diet, but still nothing. So now I'm on the contraceptive pill and my fifth lot of different antibiotics in the hopes for some relief until I can get in to see a dermatologist.

There are so many people out there with so much more worse conditions to deal with so I try to remind myself that what's happening on my face is nothing in the grand scheme of things. For the most part I'm pretty OK but every now and then, it gets me really down. I can't go out in public without a truckload of makeup on, and even then my pizza face is incredibly obvious. The antibiotics are making me feel like absolute shit and every time I look in the mirror, I'm reminded of how bad my skin truly is.

Acne blows. Being a human is hard. But other than my ugly face, I'm healthy and I'm still alive. So this is the first and last time I'm going to complain about it to you guys. A little pity party post.

I've decided to try a few natural therapies and remedies, which seem to be helping a little bit. They are;

Probiotics. Especially when you're on antibiotics. Skin health starts with gut health and these little suckers are a godsend.

Supplements. I'm taking a woman's multi, magnesium, evening primrose oil as well as a stress relief one before bed.

Cutting out sugar. The white devil feeds acne. As much as I'm craving a red bull, I'm sticking it out for the sake of my face.

Water. Drink bucketloads. Water helps with cell regeneration and flushing out toxins, so it's one of your best allies when battling acne.

Sleep. Now this is one thing I can get on board with very easily. Sleep means time for your skin to heal, so make sure you get a decent amount every night.

Be kind. When your face looks like crap, it's easy enough to get desperate. And when you're desperate, you do things you shouldn't, which can lead to permanent damage to your skin. So don't pick or pop and don't use heavy or harsh cremes or lotions unless the dermatologist or doctor has advised you to.

Until next time,
Ruby xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Single Forever

Backup For Beyonce