Pregnant Promises



I'm 29. A few years back I forced a drunken pact on an ex that if we're both single by the time I'm 32, we'll have a baby together.

It probably seems a bit silly or lacking in sentiment or just batshit crazy to you guys, but I think it's a wee bit genius. I love my ex. I love his values. I think he'd make an amazing father one day. And let's face it, my barren womb is only getting more and more useless as the years tick by and no babies inhabit it.

So fuck convention. Fuck the norm. Fuck what anyone else snickers about behind closed doors, because gossipers are never forthcoming to the subject of their gossip, with their gossip.

I want to be a Mum. One day. And if having a "backstop" babymaker means being one step closer to that goal, then I'm riding that crazy train all the way to motherhood.

Life is a blank canvas just waiting for you to splash some paint on it. There are no lines to colour between. The are no rules. You just make your art as you go and hope that one day you'll have a masterpiece and not an empty slate filled only with regrets.

Do whatever it takes to ensure your happiness. And if anyone sticks their nose or judgements in, give them a tissue for their issue and keep on rocking the shit out of your life.

Until next time,
Ruby xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Acne Fucks Me Up The Ass

Single Forever

Backup For Beyonce