Better Late Than Never


Week five on the road.

First proper lazy day off in a week. Slept in until 8:30, now I'm sitting in a rainforest having coffee. My job definitely doesn't get boring.

Last time I posted I was heading to Townsville. The Chilean couple I was traveling/working with left and my boss Alf arrived up to work with me. We left Townsville and drove the 4hrs north to Cairns where we enjoyed a few lazy days, restaurant meals and 59 million cups of coffee. We then drove 12hrs north east to Weipa, which included 2hrs drive in torrential rain at night with kamikaze kangaroos and dirt roads that resembled rivers more than roads. Stayed a few days there before heading right up to the very top of Australia, to a little place called Bamaga. We had beachfront accommodation which was stunning, if you ignored the fact that the water was filled with crocodiles. A few days later and we were back in Cairns where Alf swapped places with his wife Tash. Us two girls hit the road again and ended up in a community called Hope Vale, about 35kms north of Cooktown. We had a week there and came back to Cairns yesterday.

I haven't laughed so much in forever. Tash and I had a few hysterical disasters on set this week, including a wheel dropping off a set cabinet and the draw drop out spilling all of its contents all over a client's lawn. We looked super professional when our reaction was nonstop laughing. Lucky for us that Tash is an incredible photographer because the draw incident was quickly forgotten once the client saw her photos. We didn't forget it though. It provided countless moments of hysterics long after it happened. I still crack up now when I think about it.

I count my blessings every day, even when I'm sleeping in a retirement home and eating crackers and nuts for days on end because we weren't smart enough to find the kitchen. I've seen and done some once in a lifetime things and have been lucky enough to combine my love of adventure and travel with a great job. I've got incredible bosses who treat me like a friend not just an employee. Very rare to find a job that doesn't feel like a job. And bosses who actually give a shit about their staff.

I'm also feeling very grateful that my life turned to shit back in July otherwise I'd be still stuck in a job and life that I absolutely hated. So a big kudos to the people who made my life hell back at the Gold Coast, I wouldn't have this amazing career with amazing people now if it wasn't for you πŸ‘

Thunderstorms don't last forever. No matter how hard and scary they get, you just have to hold on until the sun comes back out. Six weeks ago I couldn't even afford tampons, now I'm booking flights all over the world and have six months supply of tampons. I'm tampon rich πŸ˜‚

We're leaving beautiful Cairns 7am tomorrow. Another week on the road and then maaaaaaybe home for a few days (yay!) before returning to where it all started; Cherbourg. What an adventure I've had so far. Can't wait for next year when we head to the Northern Territory and Western Australia. But mostly I can't wait to get back to NZ even more. Roll on my Christmas holiday!

I've been really slack with posting on here sorry guys, mostly because I'm exhausted after work thanks to the humid hell-like heat we've been working in. And partially because the Chileans don't know I didn't get fired too, and I know they follow my page, and I didn't wanna cause shit when they realise I'm still working. But now I'm all roadweary and my fuck-giveth capacity has run dry so meh. Hola malitos!

I'll check in more regularly from now on. Maybe πŸ˜‚

Stay classy.

Until next time,
Ruby xx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Acne Fucks Me Up The Ass

Single Forever

Backup For Beyonce